Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Creative Jounaling

We tell you that its important to journal on your layouts, add poems, quotes etc to make your pages more interesting. There are many ways to incorporated journaling into your layouts without the traditional white space with writing on it. I thought that I would give you a few ideas to get you started on getting creative with new ways to add your journaling.

Lets start with journaling around the edges of the layout page. Dark paper is no excuse a good white writing pen will solve that problem. I like to repeat a quote around the edges of the page or if the name of a person or even the event. A poem is great, but make sure you have enough to finish around the edges or can repeat it if you are looking to put it all the way around the edge. Use a edge when you are writing to ensure straightness and also be neat! Its a cool decorative edge to your pages and you can make it part of your journaling as well.

How about High lighting part of your journaling. Use a photo square or do the first word of your journaling with a decorative die cut letter. I like to sometimes use a altered stencil for my first letter of my journaling just to add a little interest.

Just a couple of ideas to think about when your trying to make your journaling interesting. If you are like me the more glitz the better!

Article by
Debbie Ruggles

No comments: