Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Save some room

I know that its difficult to sit and write down everything about a layout when your pressed for time, or you just can't seem to put it into words. I have done a couple things to help myself when I can't get it right. If I am blocked or pressed with time, I use sticky notes to jot down a few things about the layout, like date and where etc. Then I put it aside. I will eventually come back to the layout and do the journaling. Those sticky notes come in handy. Last year I was putting together my sons scrapbook for his Open house and found a page that I had totally let the journaling go. What I should say is I never took the time to finish the journaling. On top was my yellow sticky note with all the details. I just sat down and typed it up. Done and I didn't even have to research a date or what the event was. For me sticky notes do a lot for the busy person who has some time but not enough to finish the job all at once.
Another thought that I have about journaling is to just save space for it. Sometimes you just can't get the words or title for the layout. It does no good to sit in front of it and stare at it until something comes to you. It truly is better just to set it aside and come back to it another day. The layout will be there and I will be you will have a better perspective on what it should say by then. Sometimes just walking away will do a lot for writers block. Its been my case that if I get to where I am having trouble thinking about what the layout should say then its time I just put the thing away and come back to it another day.

If you have any comments, we love to hear them, so just pass them along to us and we will be sure to share them with our readers!
Mail your ideas, comments etc to debbie@accents2scrapbooking.com

Article by
Debbie Ruggles

No comments: